AfricanHistoryMonthSankofa.com

Author Thread
Thumbnail Image
relationshipgirl

You are on a date (first or second, or twenty second). Do you expect him to pay for the dinner? Do you expect him to open the doors for you? Why?
7/29/2012 8:23:45 PM

Reply InfoMessage
Thumbnail Image
Olivia25

You need to grab the wheel or let it go and enjoy the ride! I you cannot do either, then just keep looking...
Thumbnail Image
amesron360

So what should I do? She is a beautifull lady with four years older than I am. I like here very much, and but this independant stuff, I feel she is taking that to the extreme, but my body said I should be glad I found a lady who is independant and does not appear to need me to take care of her but I am old school and know that I have to be a gentleman, so I am lost.

Thumbnail Image
Olivia25

What is there to wonder about? She said that she did not want you to take care o her, she probably meant it too. Wrong dynamics, as was well said above....
Thumbnail Image
amesron360

Yeah but, the last year, I met a girl at my college and she was a bit older than I was and I was blessed enought for her to accept going out on a date with me but when we got to the restaurant, after we ate, I asked for the bill to the waiter and when the bill got to us, I picked up the bill and she asked to see the bill then she reached out to her purse and put down, exactly half of the bill including the tip to the waiter and she insisted that she needed to do that because she did not want me to feel like she wants me to take care of her.

When I took her back to her appartment, I tried to open the door for her to get out of the car, she said to me I didn't have to do all that as she was not an handicap, and that she could open the door for herself. what should I do? It was really wear and I am still wondering if is is word investing time in that relationship?
Thumbnail Image
Olivia25

I believe that if you want your relationship to be romantic, he has to pay and open all the doors. This creates the right dynamics in the relationship and allows the woman feel like a woman and a man to feel like a man. If you pay or open the doors yourself, you go down the road of comaraderie. You act like a friend, and you will be perceived as a friend. This will kill the romance and will feel like an agreement, not a romantic relationship.